In an industry where authenticity is scarce, we love artists who are completely and unapologetically themselves 100% of the time. An artist who does a great job of keeping it real and displaying such individuality is 1 Pump.
If you follow this artist on Twitter or if you’ve heard any of his songs such as Beater Up or Sneeze on a Bitch (which features Ugly God) then you know that a filter is something he does not possess. In addition to proving that he doesn’t give a damn, the cyclops shades wearing rapper has also proved that he’s definitely an artist you want to keep your eye on. He’s even landed himself a shoutout from No Jumpers own Adam22 (CLOUTY). We recently reached out to the artist with a few questions to help viewers learn a bit more about the man behind the cyclops shades. Check out his responses below.
1. Where are you from
VA BEACH, VA
2. When and How did you discover that you had a passion for music?
I STARTED PLAYING THE DRUMS AT 2, MY BROTHER WAS THE RAPPER THO I ALWAYS THOUGHT ID PRODUCE BUT GETTING HIGH AND FREESTYLING TURNT ME INTO WHAT I AM TODAY
3. Who do you consider to be your biggest influences?
MICHAEL JACKSON – THERE IS NOBODY ELSE IN THIS WORLD THAT CAN MOOKWALK LIKE HIM… MEECH HITS DEM FOLKS BETTER DEN THEN ORIGINATOR. MJ THE ONLY ORIGINATOR THAT IS UNMATCHED … RIP
4. What has been the hardest thing for you to overcome as a creative?
OPINIONS, IF I LIKE IT DEN DAS ALL THAT MATTER… ITLL TOUCH SOMEONE SOMEWHERE, WHEN ITS SUPPOSE TO.
5. What do you think is your biggest accomplishment thus far?
MAKING RACKS FROM SNEEZE ON A BITCH, S/O UGLY GOD
6. What upcoming projects do you have in store for this year?
I GOT HELLA VIDS IN MY VAULT I GOT HELLA SONGS IN MY VAULT.. A #SLAYENT TAPE IS ALSO IN THE VAULT… AND A SLAY WEBSITE IS UNDERWAY
7. How do you feel about the underground scene? Do you feel as if it is too oversaturated and unoriginal?
IDK I DONT PAY MUCH ATTENTION TO ANYTHING, BUT ITS MAD RAPPERS AND ARTISTS THAT SOUND THE SAME BUT THATS ALWAYS GONNA BE A THING… LET THE CREATIVES CREATE TIL THEY DECIDE THEY DONE
8. What qualities about yourself do you feel separates you from other artists?
MY CYCLOPS SHADES OF FUCKING COURSE & MY GENUINE PERSONALITY
9. What was your biggest failure as an artist and how did you over come it?
GETTING SCAMMED OVER AND OVER AND OVER….. I STOPPED SPENDING ON ANYONE NOT ON THE HOME TEAM..
10. What advice do you have to upcoming artists who want to make a name for themselves?
I AINT SHIT SO IF U DONT LISTEN TO ME I WOULDNT BLAME YOU, BUT THIS SHIT, IN MY OPINION, IS 30% MUSICAL TALENT OR MUSIC & 70% BRANDING… SO BRAND YASELF
D-Pow – Snapping 101
Zae K feat. D – Pow – If You Gon Rob Me Then Shoot Me
Keep up with 1 Pump on his social media!
Twitter – @1pump_
SoundCloud – https://t.co/uwhR8Nlzm2